Friday, February 24, 2017

Fostering Classroom Management Success Through Forgiveness

I am not perfect. I make mistakes. I am grateful that I work in a place and with people that afford me grace.

Our students have been given our patience, our time, and our energy. While patience, time and energy can have limits... what is unconditional is our love.

Our students are not perfect. They make mistakes. We afford them grace.

Forgiveness gives way to freedom. Each day is the opportunity for a day of redemption.

I am thankful for the teachers, mentors, friends, family and colleagues that have let me learn and given me the forgiveness that allows me to learn and become better.

Our students need our forgiveness. The chance to begin anew, to learn and become better.

True forgiveness is freeing. It is a classroom management strategy that never fails.

The article "Why Forgiveness is a Powerful Classroom Management Strategy" refreshes my resolve and my approach as we take on the next two marking periods.

How do you plan to practice the art of forgiveness? Where do you find your freedom in this approach?

2 comments:

  1. While I can see the frustration when I deal with repeated behaviors from the same student, it is understood in my classroom that every day is a new day. What happened yesterday will not be brought to the forefront today. That is so important with building relationships with students. We are taught that forgiveness is important for the one that needs to be forgiven and the one doing the forgiveness so we can get on with other important happenings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole, thank you for your reflection. I agree that relationships are key and students knowing that they always can start again with us is essential.

    ReplyDelete