Thursday, May 4, 2017

How does change affect you?

As I read through John's email this week that listed all the changes that are happening within our walls, it made me reflect on how I address change.

This time of the school year is exciting. We are excited about finishing out another year, excited that that we can see the finish line, and we are already talking about next year and the new possibilities that another year brings. The excitement I feel within the building is contagious and it gives me the stamina I need to finish out the school year strong. However, with that excitement and the talk about "where everyone will be next year" I realize that my need to stop and think about the changes ahead is important. I truly believe that every event in our lives shapes the person we become. The decisions we make every day affect the lives of those around us. I always stop and wonder if the choices that I make each day leave a positive, lasting affect on the students whom I teach and the teachers with whom I work.

Every part of campus will be impacted by the changes that are coming. I am both excited and sad. Having worked on the same grade level, with the same coworkers for multiple years, I am sad to be leaving a team that works so well together. We have formed bonds, friendships, and understanding that enable us to strive for excellence with our students. I have been so blessed by the support from each of the teachers that I work with so closely each day; they are an amazing group of women.

Looking ahead, I am excited to be working with a new group of ladies that I have so much respect for. The work ethic, the care, the dedication I see from those ladies is something I admire. They show us all how hard work pays off and the ones who benefit most, are the students. It is exciting to think of the possibilities that lie ahead next year.

When I thought about change and how it would affect my work life and my personal life, it took me a while to digest how my reaction to those changes would affect those around me.  Change can be a bad thing, or change can be a great thing. How you react to that change propels you in the direction that you choose for it to go. How do you address change? For me, I address it full speed ahead, ready to change the world one day at a time!

-blog post by Nicole Young
http://blog.365give.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/new-beginnings-for-365give.png 

2 comments:

  1. Love hearing your thoughts! Change is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are jumping right in, even though it will probably be a little overwhelming at first. Your positive attitude will get you through each day. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete